· to check our webpage for events, notices, and other important information – click here: https://www.nvbar.org/member-services-3895/sections/paralegal-division/
· to sign up for CLE near you to increase your knowledge in your practice area – check the State Bar’s CLE calendar here: https://www.nvbar.org/member-services-3895/cle/liveseminars/
· to volunteer your time to a cause you are passionate about… the ABA encourages paralegal participation in pro bono work – ask me for a list of pro bono opportunities for paralegals in your area, and/or check the State Bar’s Access to Justice & Pro Bono page here: https://www.nvbar.org/member-services-3895/pro-bono/
· to check out FastCase, an online research tool FREE for members of the State Bar of Nevada, check it out here: https://www.nvbar.org/member-services-3895/member-benefits/fastcase-2/
· to participate and get involved with the Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Nevada – we’ve got a lot to offer!
· The Paralegal Journal, Issue I, Spring 2017 – newsletter:
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… check out our newsletter!
Submit your articles or other newsworthy items for consideration for the next issue of The Paralegal Journal by emailing Conni Hebert @ email@example.com. Consideration will be given to all member and non-member submissions.
v On-demand Webinars
The National Association of Legal Assistants-Paralegals (NALA) offers on-demand webinars available online to members and non-members; see below for a list of upcoming webinars. NALA webinars are a fast, convenient, and now an even more affordable way to get the legal education you need. Continuing education for all paralegals is NALA's mission. Registration is fast and easy! See https://www.nala.org/continuing-education for details on upcoming live courses, self-study courses, and upcoming webinars.
v Certified Paralegal testing
The Certified Paralegal examination is available Monday-Saturday each day in January, May and September. Applications must be received by NALA no later than the published deadline dates; the January 2018 testing window is fast approaching… you must submit your application by December 1, 2017. To be eligible for NALA’s Certified Paralegal examination, a paralegal must meet NALA’s educational requirements. See www.nala.org/certification/exam-application-and-qualifications for qualification details.
Conni J. Hebert ACP®
Chair, Paralegal Division
STATE BAR OF NEVADA
STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY & DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email message is attorney privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by calling (303)-223-1300 and delete the message. Thank you.